Friday, November 12, 2010

Project 3: Sketchbook improvement

I waited for a while for the professor's approval on this image idea, but having no reply...

I went and did it anyways!  After thumbing through some old sketchbooks I came across some great ones, but this one stuck out.  It was fun to re-sketch and recalling the dream I had involving this was interesting.

The idea is based very loosely on the snake-person Vasuki.  I am not sure why my brain twisted it as so, but basically I was travelling underground searching for something important, and I came upon a cavern that was 1. waterlogged 2. the water was *glowing* and 3. it was the home to this giant....multiarmed snake dude.  Who was very offended at me entering.

Most of the dream consisted of me trying to convince the dude that I deserved to live, and it ended up turning into a really philisophical conversation.

I won't bore people with the details, but know that it was rather vivid and...quite scary, actually.




The first and fourth ones remain my favorites, and the fourth being a re-do of the original sketch.  I still feel it is the strongest.

I will upload the greyscales of these later on, but I need to get some sleep.

Edit:  The idea has been approved!  I will likely be working on the fourth example, but we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment